Friday 10 April 2015

Presentation Evaluation

On Thursday, I was given the opportunity to present my problem solving essay to the class. At first, I was worried as my presentation was more relevant to the youth rather than the class so I was quite thankful that during the elevator pitch, my partner suggested the use of emotional appeal and it has shown to be effective in engaging the audience during the presentation.

Although there were no major problems with my content, organisation and tone, what I felt that I can do better is to control my nervousness as it affected the way my words were coming out. At first, my voice was shaky and that affected my pronunciations. My eye contact was lacking as well since I needed time to warm up and be comfortable. I only maintained eye contact with a fix group of people and neglected a few of them. It was only towards the end of the presentation then did I start to feel more at ease and started to look around. What I feel that is harder to change is the way I phase my words as I might unconsciously use words that are not natural in presentation or repeat certain words. Also, during the transition between my last suggestion and conclusion, I did not find it to be smooth as I lost my train of thoughts. All these area of weaknesses highlighted to me that I need to practice more, these are areas which cannot be change in a day but through practicing, I can present in a more confident manner while using the appropriate words naturally.     


Thank you everybody for your feedback, I will keep them in mind and continue to improve on my presentation skills. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anvis,
    Well done for your presentation! You definitely raised the bench mark for the presentation. I found your organization, flow, tone and gesture are all excellent. You drew attention and showed passion about the topic you presented. The use of PowerPoint slides definitely helped to enhance your presentation. The suggestions I have for your presentation are 1. try to make more eye contact and 2. maybe you can tie your hair to let us see your face more clearly:)
    It's nice knowing you through this course, all the best for your finals:)

    ReplyDelete