Thursday 2 April 2015

Critical Reflection Outline

Introduction:
-description of the experience
- peers will provide informal feedback on drafts of my reader respond and problem solving essay while tutor will provide both formal and informal feedback
- worked together with different peers to evaluate others' drafts
2nd paragraph:
-Why and how did it happen, how I feel about it?
- occurred during es1102 module, these are exercise that are done in class to allow students to learn from their writing mistakes and increase awareness of writing mistakes when they evaluate others' works.
- I feel that I am more likely to take the tutor feedbacks seriously as compared my peers since there might be areas of feedback that I do not agree with them.
- When I evaluate others' work, there are times whereby I am not sure if it is a mistake so I might not feel that my feedback are of value to them. Working with a knowledgeable partner helps when I am not confident of my feedback.
3rd paragraph:
-what is your new interpretation of the experience? What is the significance? What do you learn about yourself and others?
- The feedback from peers and tutor help me to realize my mistakes when I write. These mistakes are unknown to me so I will probably continue making the same mistakes if they were not pointed out to me.  
-Pairing up with a peer to evaluate others’ work also alert me to mistakes that others make which I am unaware of.-Through this feedback, I am able to improve my work and ensure that the ideas in my essay are specific and communicated to the readers clearly. -what I learn: parallelism, subject verb agreement, consistency in using past or present tense- what I learn about others: generally everybody has good ideas, content and organization but are mainly weaker in their ability to communicate the idea clearly

4th paragraph:
-what will you do as a result of this experience? How will you use it to inform your future?
- As a result of this experience, I developed a heighten awareness to my writing mistakes, specifically for grammar and will pay more attention to the common mistakes when I vet through my materials.
- This new knowledge on the proper usage of grammar will help me in my future writings to convey my ideas clearly and hopefully, I will be correct grammatically in my speech as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment